CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 5, 2006

Review: Vegan Rice Slices

Ok, so a word about most vegan cheese: BLURG! This claims to melt, so we'll see!

Pro's:
All rice, no soy for those who are allergic
Good "flavor"

Con's:
Doesn't melt
Tastes rice powdery

Verdict: MISS

OK, so something is lacking in these slices. Maybe my mouth is crazy, but this also has a powdery taste, no doubt from the fine rice in the ingredients. I do like the fact that it's not soy though, as i have many a friend who is allergic to soy and vegan! Tried to melt it, doesn't work, tried to eat it cold and the texture put me off so badly. I tried to use it up but ended up throwing a few slices away because i COULD NOT subject myself to it again. The search for great vegan cheese continues....

No comments: